KastKing Holiday Gift Guide
The Holiday Season is upon us and what better way to keep your husband, wife, children or friends happy then with a great KastKing super holiday gift? For this year, let’s take a look at what I feel are some solid gift ideas with ranges from under $55, $50 to$100 and over $100! Below is just a small sampling of what KastKing has to offer anglers, but these 10 pieces will surely bring a smile to your favorite angler. I use all of these throughout the year while fishing in saltwater and freshwater. All 10 pieces will be a welcome addition to any anglers gear. There are several factors when choosing the best holiday gift for a friend or loved one. The first option you have to ask yourself is what price range am I looking? The second is how serious of an angler are we talking about – veteran, beginner or in between. Once you decide, the choices below will make your gift giving a lot easier.
Holiday Gift For Under $55
SPARTACUS II SPINNING FISHING REEL
I began with the larger 5000 size and used it extensively in the back bays of Long Island in search of blues, school size stripers, albies and bonito. The spinning reel has worked well, casts great with no issues and has held up great. It boasts a lot of solid features and is a great bargain on the wallet. Recently I have opted for the 3000 size for freshwater largemouth bass action. The smaller size packs a punch and is a great addition to my arsenal.
- 22-pound triple disc carbon drag
- Hamai cut precision gears – extremely accurate and precise dimensions
- Oversize stainless main shaft for strength
- Ceramic line roller – great for saltwater applications
- Two colors – Green or Spindrift (Blue)
- 7+1 Double Shielded Stainless Bearings
This reel is tough. It offers a good bail system, strong drag and has worked well in saltwater and freshwater areas. After months of hard use, the reels shows no flaws and work as they did when I first took them out of the box. For the bargain price, this is no low end reel but rather another KastKing version of “Affordable Innovation!” Get one now, you will surely be impressed.
SPARTACUS II TWIN TIP FISHING RODS
I love this rod and it to me it is the perfect rod to have with you in your truck, car, boat or any means of transportation you have that takes you to the fishing grounds. Have you ever arrived at the hot spot and somehow had a broken guide or tip? Well, the new KastKing Spartacus II fishing rod saves the day by coming with a complete second tip section as a spare! This alone is a great feature. The rod is also built tough and comes in 14 different size options – 8 spinning and 6 baitcasting.
- 24-ton carbon fiber and IM6 graphite blanks
- Smooth Casting Experience - Tangl-Free Stainless Steel Guides ensure increased casting distance and accuracy, while ultra-thin Zirconium Oxide Rings reduce friction
- Extra Tip Section
- All-Day Comfort - slip-resistant rubber cork handle that delivers exceptional comfort, especially during long fishing trips.
- Built like a Hi-End Rod
This is great low priced, but solidly built fishing rod. I have one in the 7-foot, 3-inch length that is always in my Ford F150, even when I am towing my boat stocked with 20 plus rods! I would highly suggest you grab one of these…or maybe two or three.
BRUTUS FOLDABLE EXTENDABLE FISHING NET
Every angler has the same issue when it comes to fishing nets – where to store them when they are not in use! They are bulky and take up a lot of space, depending on the size. On my son-in-law’s boat we store the 50-inch striper net next to the seat. I can’t tell you how many times we fought to get it out when needed due to space issues. The new KastKing Foldable and Extendable net is a welcome addition and space saver.
- 6063 Aluminum alloy for exceptional performance, reliable use, and durability
- U-Shaped fold, making it easier to store when not in use. The net folds in half, and the handle retracts
- Nylon Covered PVC or Silicone Mesh
- Bright Color EVA Handle – Easy to see even in low light conditions
- 3 Sizes in PVC Net
- 2 Sizes on Clear Silicone mesh
The nets are made for freshwater and light saltwater action based on the sizes. These are not nets you are going to land a 40-pound striped bass in, nor a 25-pound pike or big drum. These nets will work best in my opinion on fish up to 20 pounds, but are rated as high as 44 pounds. The size of the fish is based off the diameter of the nets. The largest net has a mouth opening of approximately 20 inches by 20 inches, with a depth of 20 inches. That is still a large net, and you could lead the fish in head first and land if needed. The net I choose is the middle of the pack. The handle extends to 45 inches, and the opening is 15-1/2 inches wide, by 20 inches in length, with a depth of 20 inches. To me, I can land large summer flounder, and virtually any freshwater fish I target. These are great nets and will make storage life a heck of lot easier.
Holiday Gift For $50-$100
MEGATRON 200 BAITCASTING REEL
When the Megatron Baitcaster Reel first came out I thought it was a beast of a reel similar to the Kapstan 300. Although smaller, this reel is perfect for targeting larger species on the freshwater side – northern muskies, big southern peacocks, brute 10-plus pound largemouths, channel cats and more. But let’s not stop there. I feel this reel is perfect for a lot of inshore saltwater fishing too. Want to grad some lead around the bottom for striped bass, fluke, sheepshead and others, this reel can handle it.
- Wider Frame/Deep Spool
- Larger Design – Still Low Profile
- 6 Pounds of Drag Pressure
- 7+1 Stainless Bearings for long lasting and durability
- 105 mm Handle with cork knobs for comfort and power
Like any reel, anglers will always want to be able to make long casts with minimal backlash issues. Nothing is more frustrating when a reel has an inferior braking system and backlashes are virtually uncontrollable. With the new MegaTron baitcasting reel this will never be an issue. The MegaTron 200 baitcasting reel’s nine-level adjustable braking system is driven through an internal eight-button magnetic system that can virtually eliminate overruns while maximizing casting distance.
If you are looking for a larger baitcasting reel for fresh and saltwater usage for big fish or big baits/lures, then the Megatron 200 needs to be added to your Holiday wish list!
KONG FISHING RODS
Remember the King Kong movies you used to watch as a kid? The King was a beast, and this is exactly what the KastKing Kong Series of fishing rods are. Over the last year I have used the 7-foot, 6-inch medium-heavy rod to tangle with bluefish ion the Northeast to 20 pounds and striped bass to 40; all on topwater plugs, and this rod whips them in no time. The key that makes these rods so powerful is the S-Curve 100-percent Graphite Rod Blanks, which are reinforced with Nano-Resin technology. This combination delivers amazing strength and lifting power, but are still incredibly light and sensitive.
- Stainless-Steel Double Foot Guides.
- Chartreuse “Strike Tip.”
- Casting and Spinning Models.
- Graphite gimbals in the fighting butt (certain models).
When I first picked up the “Kong” rod, I was a little skeptical. After casting, fighting and landing some impressive fish, I am convinced this rod should be on your wish list for this Holiday Season. It is by far one of the best under $100 fishing rods you will find anywhere. You want to hit the Florida Keys for tarpon, check out the 6-foot, 6-inch model rated for 50-100 pounds. Is pier or dock fishing your forte? Grab the 10-foot spinning rod model and you will be slinging baits and lures a country mile.
KARRYALL FISHING TACKLE BACKPACK WITH ROD HOLDERS 4 TACKLE BOXES
Some anglers use bass boats to lug their gear for freshwater action, while others employ Center Console style boats for saltwater fishing. These boats have ample storage, but what about the walk-in angler who wants to trek a mile into hidden hot spots. Or, how about when you plan a vacation and need to carry a load of gear and rods? Hooking up with a buddy for a day of action, the KastKing Karryall Fishing Tackle Backpack is the way to go. Shop Now>>
- 4 Rod Holders
- 4 Tackle Boxes
- 14 Multi-Functional Storage Compartments
- Water Resistant, slip proof bottom
- Customizable Main Compartment
- High-density Oxford 600D fabric and 210D lining for exceptional long-term performance
There is no question that this backpack will make your fishing a lot easier. Now you can have everything you need for a day of action including rods and reels, Thermos, gloves, sunglasses, tackle, foul weather gear and more all tucked away in a super durable backpack. Add this to your Holiday wish list and you won’t be disappointed.
Holiday Gift For ABOVE $100
KAPSTAN ELITE HIGH SPEED SALTWATER SPINNING REEL
When KastKing first introduced the Kapstan Elite Saltwater Spinning Reel I was in heaven. This was one tough reel and waterproof to boot. Now KastKing has gone one step further with the new Kapstan Elite High Speed Saltwater Spinning Reel. They added a high speed component that can aid in certain conditions. They also increased the bearings by adding three special-designed polymer roller bearings that are high-strength and will never rust, to the already stellar 6+1 shielded stainless bearings. Shop Now >>
- 100 percent waterproof fishing reel at IPX6 level, with up to 15 EverSeal rubber rings to keep water out of the main gear.
- I.S.S. system includes labyrinth-style greased sealing grooves that reduce rotational resistance and provide an innovative water-tight seal.
- 6+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings, plus 3 special-designed polymer roller bearing that is high-strength and never rust, and one 8-pin stainless steel one-way bearing to prevent the flywheel from reversing.
- Size 3000-4000 offer 6.2:1 faster retrieve, size 5000-6000 offers 5.7:1 and size 8000 provides 4.9:1 gear ratio.
- Sizes 3000/4000 have an ultra-smooth triple-disc carbon fiber drag system and 30lbs max drag; 5000/6000 have four discs with 40lbs max drag; 8000 have six discs with 55lbs max drag.
- Max-strength CNC aluminum frame construction. Sizes 3000/4000 have a carbon fiber rotor for strength with reduced weight. Sizes 5000/6000/8000 offer a CNC Aluminum Rotor for extra-strength in fishing.
- Strong CNC aluminum power handle arm and knob.
- Best-in-class HRB 90 high strength aerospace alloy pinion gear with manganese brass gear guarantees extreme durability and smooth operation.
I have two of these reels – 3000 and 6000 size and cannot be happier. They perform flawlessly, can handle anything you throw at them, and will last a long time in my opinion with minimal care. Compare the quality of these reels to any comparable on the market and you will see a “high end” reel at a fraction of the cost of others.
ESTUARY INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING RODS
Another favorite rod of mine. I have three of these that all get used primarily in saltwater while chasing weakfish in the back bays to larger striped bass on the open beach or on the boat. They are light, cast great thanks to the American Tackle Microwave Air guide system, and can whip any fish out there. Shop Now >>
- 30 million modulus graphite Toray carbon fiber blank
- Nano Resin Technology for high strength and light weight
- American Tackle Microwave Air MW20 spinning guides and MW12 Casting Guides
- American Tackle G2 Apex spinning reel seats and AT G2 Edge casting reel seats
- Full length, custom, select 3A cork handles
There are five spinning rods and one baitcasting rod in the line-up, and all six are well-suited for a variety of species on the inshore grounds, and can double for heavy freshwater species too. Trust me, you want to add one or two of these to your Holiday gift list.
DEFLEKTOR WATERPROOF FISHING JACKET
I have been using the jacket since its launch in December 2022. It has never failed me and after more than 100 trips, many of which were in foul conditions, it is in like new condition with zero issues. Shop Now >>
- Three-layer waterproof and breathable outer layer constructed from 100-percent nylon taslon outer layer, a waterproof and breathable (15,000mmH2O, 15,000G/M² membrane) middle layer and an inner layer that is 100-percent wicking polyester.
- The fully adjustable mountain hood offers vented holes to allow for excess heat to be released while allowing fresh air to circulate, keeping the angler comfortable. The high stand-up collar is fleece-lined and the chin guard provides additional comfort.
- The Deflektor Jacket is built with YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® zippers with an internal storm flaps. This zipper's tooth design provides enhanced fluid resistance versus standard coil and individual element closures.
- Fully taped seams improve waterproofing by doubling down on protection in the most significant points of weakness, helping to seal out moisture
The bottom line with any jacket is comfort. If the jacket is bulky or uncomfortable, chances are you will not wear it when it is really needed. This jacket runs true to the fit, so if you plan on wearing heavier sweatshirts or jackets underneath, I would advise you go one size larger.
DEFLEKTOR WATERPROOF BIBS
Moving to the KastKing Deflektor Bibs, these have also been in my arsenal since their inception in December 2022. Kneeling down on the boat deck or rubbing the gunwale of the boat have had no impact on them. They remain leak-proof and unscathed. Shop Now >>
- 100 percent high-quality nylon and feature reinforced oxford fabric seat and legs for maximum durability.
- Plenty of storage with seven pockets for your tools and other small gear.
- Two hand warmer chest pockets, as well as an outer zippered chest pocket to secure essentials.
- The legs include cargo pockets and two plier pockets, plus there are loops for hanging your small tools.
- Just like the jacket, the bibs include YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® zippers with an internal storm flaps
- Fully taped seems.
As in the jacket, the bibs run true to size as well, so order based on what you plan on wearing underneath. For me, I almost never use anything more than a light sweatshirt or thermal undergarments in the colder periods of action.
The bottom line on the jacket and bibs is that you need to have these with you at all times. Nothing ruins a day of action then to be drenched to the bone by a pop-up wicked thunderstorm. And, fishing in inclement weather now becomes a breeze as you will always be protected from the elements, no matter what Mother Nature throws your way.
There you have it, 10 great Holiday gift ideas for your favorite angler. Let the shopping begin, and make sure to check it on the KastKing website as super sales are going on right now!